I am the Jill of all trades you need to lead your digital operation. I’ve held positions in editorial, marketing and advertising within traditional media and digital-only organizations. I am currently a product manager helping leading magazines and nonprofits build out digital engagement products. Previously, I sat at the apex of digital operations for the Houston Chronicle responsible for growing audience, revenue and brand awareness. If you need an accomplished, enterprising visionary who can establish a lasting presence in new markets or revitalize a mature product line, I am the results-oriented, decisive leader that can bring success to your team.
Austin, TX Area
Principal Product Manager, Digital Engagement
Responsible for the definition, adoption and successful rollout of capabilities that enable web and mobile personalization across the entire spectrum of consumer engagement as some of the biggest media brands in the world transition from traditional marketing tactics to omnichannel marketing automation and 1:1 subscriber engagement. Core focuses include recommendation engines, identity resolution and match networks, tag management, clickstream attribution and analytics, journey orchestration and omnichannel personalization.
Houston, TX Area
Director of Digital Content / Executive Producer
Serve as the local digital leader for one of the nation’s Top 10 regional news websites connected to one of the country’s best performing newspapers, along with overseeing subscriber website and mobile apps. The role sits at the apex of digital initiatives from owning content strategy, increasing brand’s reach via social media, newsletters, content marketing and other marketing efforts, and collaborating with the development team to build new interactive features and products.
- Named Most Effective Publication on Facebook by Engagement Labs beating out juggernauts like Business Insider, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Washington Post and The New York Times.
- Chron.com named Texas’ Best Newspaper Website by the Associated Press in 2013 for the first time in the site’s history (since 1996). Site received same honor again in 2014 and 2016.
- Collaborated with product development team on two chron.com redesigns and successfully launched new subscriber website (paywall), houstonchronicle.com.
- Grew Chron.com total PVs by 80% and in-market UVs by 40% over 2 years, showing the best growth in the site’s history and across the wider Hearst Newspaper division, and improved ranking among top 5 regional news websites in the country.
- Reached 1 billion PVs for the first time in the site’s history within 7 months of being hired; achieved this goal 45 days earlier in the second year, and 75 days earlier in the third year.
Selected as 1 of 60 out of 20,000 global Hearst employees to participate in company’s executive leadership program, Hearst Management Institute.
Web Content Director
Served as the Web Content Director for Rigzone.com, the world’s largest news and career website targeted at the oil and gas industry. Responsible for creating content strategy, managing full-time and freelance writers across the globe, working with development team to build out new interactive features, and act as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Grew U.S. website unique visitors by 10%; international UV growth increased 25%.
- Launched sponsored content products that produced $250K in new incremental revenue.
USER FRIENDLY MEDIA
The Woodlands, TX
Internet Product Manager
Served as the Internet Product Manager for the country’s 4th largest independent publisher of Yellow Page directories. Responsible for owning and managing product development of online marketing products to sell to the company’s more than 30,000 small business advertising customers.
- Created and developed 6 new products triggering $10 million in additional sales revenue.
- Increased revenue contributed to company’s Internet Yellow Pages division becoming profitable in less than 3 years of launch.
- Digitized company’s sales contract and order fulfillment process.
- Re-engineered product requirements for company’s network of Internet Yellow Page websites producing cost savings that led to product expansion opportunities.
- Launched company’s first mobile website and mobile apps (iPhone and Blackberry).
- Negotiated contracts and reviewed business development agreements for 7 partnerships.
FOX TELEVISION STATIONS
Sr. Web Producer
Progressed from Web Producer for KDFW FOX 4 in Dallas to increasingly more responsible position as Sr. Web Producer for KRIV FOX 26 in Houston during the launch and first 2 years of the myFOX network of local websites.
- Creator of and awarded 2008 Lone Star Emmy – Interactivity for myFOXHouston Live.
- Named to the 2008 Texas Association of School Boards Media Honor Roll for consistent and accurate coverage of education issues in Texas.
- Conceived web presence for “The Intrepid – Texas Lifeline”, which was awarded the 2008 American Legion Fourth Estate Award (nationally recognized).
- Awarded 2007 Lone Star Emmy Award – Community Service for “Predator Check” project.
- Launched TV station’s first mobile website (WAP) and SMS features.
- Developed and managed micro sites corresponding to news station franchises.
- Increased myFOXhouston.com Unique Visitors by 20% and Page Views by 45% within first 3 months following the promotion from Web Producer in Dallas to Sr. Web Producer in Houston.
- com awarded 3 Lone Star Emmys – Informational, Interactivity, Investigative.
- Original web team member for the launch of the national myFOX platform.
INTERNET BROADCASTING SYSTEMS
Internet News Editor
Internet Broadcasting Systems provides local news website platforms for local TV stations. I began my professional career with the company as an unpaid intern with KXAS NBC 5’s website, NBCdfw.com, and was hired to my first full-time position as a National Hub Editor in Minneapolis, MN. Within 8 months, I was promoted to Internet News Editor for Click2Houston.com and transferred to KPRC NBC 2 in Houston.
KERA 13 PBS
Local Producer, Children’s Television (Paid Internship)
Hired as Intern after volunteering during PBS’ quarterly pledge drives to produce local video segments that were placed inside PBS’ nationally syndicated children’s TV show “ZOOM”.